The Australian Native Bee Book by Tim Heard is one of the most popular books on the topic. It comes with many images, illustrations, easy to understand descriptions and more. This guide includes information on:
- Bee biology, behaviour, nesting, social life and foraging
- Building and design of the OATH
- Propagation and hive transfers/rescues
- Sugarbag honey, and collecting it from hives
- Hive management, including identifying and dealing with pests
- The use of stingless bees for pollination – from small gardens to commercial crops
- & more!
This book is great for beginners and experts alike, and the perfect gift for a native bee enthusiast.
What a beautiful, informative, well presented book. An excellent resource for anyone who has an interest in the bees of Australia.
Great book very helpful and informative
This is our second copy, this one is for friends.